Who are you?
Most likely if you are reading this you are my mom (hi mom) or someone I am friends with in real life. That is both awkward and really awesome that you are checking out what I have to say, but either way you already know who I am.
If you have somehow made it here and have no idea who I am then here is a really brief synopsis of my life thus far:
- Born & Raised in Georgia
- Currently twenty-two years old
- Raised as a Christian where I re-dedicated my life to Jesus at Summer camp 20+ times
- Went to a private Christian school where I graduated with 22 people (I know)
- Graduated from Kennesaw State University with a Bachelor of Arts in English
- Working as a nanny to three amazing little boys
- Also working as a freelance writer (hit me up if you need content created)
- Engaged to a Canadian that I met on a video game (no it wasn’t World of Warcraft)
- Getting married in Puerto Rico in December – destination wedding woo!
- & My guilty pleasures include watching YouTube drama, reading Twilight, and nerding out over Game of Thrones
So that is pretty much me in a nutshell. I apologize in advance for anything I may write that will offend you. If you know me in person than I am also sorry for anything I have said in the past and will say in the future. It will happen – but me and Jesus are working on it.
So…this is just another blog?
Yes I am self important enough to believe that what I have to say deserves its own entire website. But I am a Millennial, so that is what we are all doing nowadays right? So, let’s just consider this just another random blog that nobody will probably ever read. But as for my own personal reasons for creating this site stemmed from my past college experience. I learned that in college you should not always major in what you are passionate about because you start to hate what you love. As an English major I had to read and write about everything except for what I actually wanted. Finally after four long years I have graduated and have time to pursue my own writing style. I have no idea what this is going to look like – but I can only say thank you for those who have stuck around to see what will come out of my mouth (or fingers) next.
What’s with the name?
The site name Speak Before You Think, is a play off the old saying “think before you speak”. Growing up I was always told this and became infamous for saying whatever popped into my mind. As I have gotten older I realized that for me to filter myself was an impossible task. The only hope I have is Luke 6:45, “A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of”. This means that my mouth will speak out what I fill up in my heart. Luckily I have learned to fill it up with Jesus, and to practice using my words to lift people up not tear them down. This way I can always speak before I think.